• The Electric Water Pagenat is a water-borne light parade featuring floats (well-lit ones) and music. The parade takes place nightly on the Seven Seas Lagoon, which is the body of water in between the Magic Kingdom park and it’s neighboring resorts. If you aren’t staying at one of these resorts, you would likely not catch this parade, but you can view it quite well from the beach at the Polynesian Resort, which is easily accessed by boat or monorail from the Magic Kingdom or TTC. You can also view the Magic Kingdom fireworks from this beach. It makes for a fun non-park evening of relaxation!
• Many resorts are now featuring outdoor movies each evening, weather permitting. Cast members even have campfires and s’mores before the movie begins, (buy a package of the components for $6). Pick up a recreation and activity guide from the front desk to see what movies are playing each night of your visit and then plan to take in your families’ favorite on a non-park night.
• At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, there is a nightly campfire sing-along with Chip and Dale. This is a great opportunity for some quality face-time with some fun characters, along with the chance to spend a nice low-key night with the family.
• Another fun activity on the Ft. Wilderness grounds are horse-drawn carriage rides. Ideal for families and couples alike, they take place between 7:00 & 9:30 pm nightly. The 45-minute rides depart from Pioneer Hall and are on a first come, first serve basis (reservations are not accepted at this time.) Seasonal variations on the carriage rides are especially fun. From 10/1-11/1 they offer “Haunted Carriage Rides”, where you can take a 25-minute ride through the woods while hearing about the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. These depart from the Blacksmith Shop at Ft. Wilderness. Lastly, during the winter season, they offer “Holiday Sleigh Rides” departing every 30-minutes from 5:30-10:30 from the Blacksmith’s Shop. The carriages accommodate up to four adults or two adults and three children.
• At the Animal Kingdom Lodge, you can gather the family around a fire pit and listen to a native African storyteller. This unique experience takes place nightly at different times. Pick up a recreation guide from the front desk to find out what other activities are taking place around the resort as well. This hotel is so unique and offers several one-of-a-kind activities. It is certainly a destination in and of itself.